VACU's Dorothy J. Hall Memorial Scholarship Program
Each year Virginia Credit Union recognizes outstanding student members of all ages through its Dorothy J. Hall Memorial Scholarship program.
The application period for the 2016-2017 school year is now closed. Winners will be announced by June.
To be eligible for scholarships for the 2017-2018 school year, student applicants must:
- be a member of Virginia Credit Union (VACU), not just any credit union in Virginia
- be the primary member of their own account (not just a joint owner on someone else’s account). Applicant's accounts must be in good standing
- be a rising college freshman, sophomore, junior or senior who will be taking at least 9 credit hours per semester
- be pursuing their first degree in an undergraduate or associate's degree program at an accredited college or university
- have joined Virginia Credit Union by September 30, 2016
For more information about how to join and become eligible to apply for a 2017 scholarship, please visit our membership page. Scholarship applications will be available online by January 1, 2017.
Richmond Chapter of Credit Unions Scholarships
This scholarship program is sponsored by the Richmond Chapter of Credit Unions. For these scholarships, either a student or one of his/her parents must be a member of a Richmond area credit union.
The application period for the 2016 scholarships is closed. More details and an application for this scholarship will be available online by January 1, 2017.
Please contact Member Services at (804) 323-6800 or (800) 285-6609 if you have questions or if we can help you in any way.