Free Text Banking* is a fast, easy way to check your account balances and recent transactions. All you need is a mobile device that has text message (SMS) service enabled (your device does not have to be Internet-capable). No personal information is exchanged, such as User ID, password or full account number.
If you're already using Online Banking, you're ready to go; all you need is your Online Banking User ID and password. If you're not an Online Banking user, you'll need to enroll in Online Banking first.
It's easy to register your mobile phone
To ensure the security and privacy of your account, you can sign up for Text Banking through Online Banking or through our Mobile Banking site. Here's how to enroll using your mobile device:
- Navigate to our website with your mobile phone and click the Mobile Banking Logon button.
- Sign in to Mobile Banking with your Online Banking User ID and password
- Select “Text Banking” from the menu
- Complete the on-screen activation instructions (make sure to have your mobile phone handy)
Once you’ve completed enrollment, you’re ready to get basic information via text message. Simply text one of these simple commands to VACU’s short code, 59851.
- B or BAL = fetch a list of all your accounts and their balances
- H or HIST = fetch the 5 most recent transactions for all your accounts
- H acct or HIST acct = fetch the 5 most recent transactions a specific account (for example, "H C1" for checking or "H S1" for savings)
- MENU = shows a list of available commands
- HELP = support and contact information for VACU
- STOP = deactivate the service
- To save time, add 59851 to your list of mobile contacts
- Text messages are not case sensitive — you can use "b" or "B"
- If you send a text from outside the U.S., you may incur roaming fees; check with your carrier for details
- If your device is lost or stolen, or there are changes to your wireless carrier provider or mobile number, log in to Online Banking and cancel or edit your Text Banking service
*Text Banking is free, but your mobile service provider may charge for sending and receiving text message. Check with your mobile service provider for details and specific charges that may apply for you.