Your future starts now. Prepare for a comfortable retirement, or reach other major financial goals, with the help of an IRA from your credit union.
Types of IRAs available at VACU
- Traditional IRA — Contributory, Transfer, Rollover, Conduit and Spousal plans
- Roth IRA — Contributory, Conversions from Traditional IRAs, Transfer and Rollover plans
Visit Retirement Central, an online source of retirement planning information and tools to learn more about IRAs. The Planning Tools section offers several helpful calculators covering subjects from selecting the best type of IRA to designing a retirement income strategy that best fits your personal objective.
VACU’s IRA features
- No set-up or annual maintenance fees
- $100 minimum to open
- Convenient deposits through payroll deduction and automatic transfers
- Attractive rates, with higher rates for IRAs with larger balances
- IRAs are insured up to $250,000 by the National Credit Union Administration, a U.S. Government Agency
Account options and rates
- 18-month variable-rate IRA (rate can adjust quarterly)
- 12, 24, 36, 48 or 60-month fixed-rate options (rate is locked in for the term you select)
Check current rates for various amounts and options. Consider transferring funds from lower-yielding IRAs to your credit union
How to open an IRA
You can easily get forms to open and manage your IRAs online at Retirement Central in the Open an IRA section.
With Virginia Credit Union's Retirement Central, you have access to online information and tools to help put you on the right track for a financially sound retirement.
Whatever your age, finances or saving experience, this is the right place for you to be to get started.
- Life Stages — Information on some of the key topics you should consider at various life stages
- Retirement FAQs — Answers to some of the most commonly asked retirement planning questions
- Planning Tools — Planners and calculators covering a number of aspects of retirement planning
- Open an IRA — Open a Traditional or Roth IRA account using our easy online applications
- Manage My Account — After establishing an IRA account, you can manage it online
Please contact us if you have questions or if we can help you in any way.