There’s no need to wait in line. Enjoy the convenience of direct deposit and save time.
How direct deposit works
Direct deposit is the electronic transfer of payments from your employer or other payer to your Virginia Credit Union checking or savings account. Funds are transferred through the Automated Clearing House (ACH).
Examples of payments that can be deposited
- Your pay from any employer who offers direct deposit
- Social security, retirement benefits and payments from federal or state government agencies
- Tax refunds
- Investment income or any other payments sent electronically through the Automated Clearing House (ACH)
Direct deposit benefits
How to sign up for direct deposit
Your payroll office or another payer will ask you to complete a form to authorize the direct deposit and give instructions about where to send your payments. Here is the information you will need about Virginia Credit Union:
Virginia Credit Union
P.O. Box 90010
Richmond, VA 23225-9010
(804) 323-6800 or (800) 285-6609
VACU's bank routing/transit (ABA) #: 2 5 1 0 8 2 6 1 5
Your checking or savings account # : _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Note: You must use your specific checking or savings account number, which can be found on your account statement, rather than your member number.
- For a direct deposit to checking, use your 10-digit checking account number.
- For a direct deposit to savings, please contact Member Services for the correct savings account format.
You may print and complete the appropriate direct deposit form and send it to your payroll office or other payer. If your direct deposit will go to your checking account, they may want a voided check as well. Your payroll office or other payer may ask for additional information.
Contact us for help with direct deposit, or to request a direct deposit form by mail. Tell us who the payer will be so we can send you the correct form.