Virginia Credit Union is committed to providing you with a safe banking environment and secure transmission of your personal and account information. To provide you with secure email communication, we have implemented a Secure Email Encryption Service.
Registering for Email Encryption
No special software is required to send and receive secure encrypted emails to and from Virginia Credit Union. All you need to do is create an account with our Email Encryption Service. Registration takes only minutes and will ensure the safety of your sensitive information through email. Contact us to request access to the Secure Email Encryption Service.
Register for VACU’s Email Encryption Service
IMPORTANT: Be sure to remember the password you select for your account. You will use it each time you log into the Secure Email Message Center to send or receive encrypted email.
Sending Encrypted Email
Once you have activated your account, you will be logged into the Secure Email Message Center, which is similar to a typical web-based email application. To send an email:
- Log in to the Email Encryption Service
- Click on “Compose Message”
- Enter the email address of the person(s) at VACU to whom you wish to send an encrypted email
- Enter the subject line and email body as you would with any email application
- Click the “Attach File” button if you wish to attach a document
- Click “Send” when you are finished; both the email and any attachments will be encrypted and sent to VACU
Receiving Encrypted Email
When you receive a secure email from VACU, it resides in our email encryption system. You will receive an email notification with instructions on how to retrieve your email. Follow the instructions and log in with your email address and password to read your email.
Your emails are only secured when sent through our secure email systems. Emails containing sensitive information must be sent by using our Email Encryption Service or our Secure Message Form. All other email may be potentially viewed by third parties.