Free Text Banking* is a fast, easy way to check your account balances and recent transactions. All you need is a mobile device that has text message (SMS) service enabled.
Simply text one of these simple commands to VACU’s short code 59851 to begin receiving account balances and recent transaction information.
|B or BAL||A list of all your accounts & their balances|
|H or HIST||The 5 most recent transactions for all your accounts|
|H ACCT or
|The 5 most recent transactions for a specific account
(for example, "H C1" for checking or "H S1" for savings)
|MENU||A list of available commands|
|HELP||VACU support & contact information|
|STOP||Deactivate the service|
Get Started in 2 Easy Steps
1. Enroll in Online Banking
2. Register Your Mobile Device
Sign up for Text Banking using Online Banking or Mobile Web. Here's how to register using Mobile Web:
- Logon to Mobile Web using your Online Banking user ID & password by visiting vacu.org on your mobile device.
- Select “Text Banking” from the menu.
- Complete the on-screen activation instructions (make sure to have your mobile phone handy)
Text Banking Tips
- Add 59851 to your list of mobile contacts to save time
- Text messages are not case sensitive
- If you send a text from outside the U.S., you may incur roaming fees; check with your carrier for details
- If your device is lost or stolen, or there are changes to your wireless carrier provider or mobile number, logon to Online Banking to cancel or edit your Text Banking service
Virginia Credit Union is committed to the safety and privacy of your information. No personal information is exchanged when using Text Banking, such as User ID, password or full account number.
*Text Banking is free, but your mobile service provider may charge for sending and receiving text message. Check with your mobile service provider for details and specific charges that may apply for you.