- Do I need to be a Virginia Credit Union member to get a bicycle loan?
- Can I get a bicycle loan as a student?
- Can I include the bicycle lock, lights and helmet in the loan?
- What is the amount I can borrow and length of term?
- How long do I have to pay it off?
- Can I pay it off early without penalty?
- What are the late payment fees?
- Can I purchase a used bicycle with this loan?
- Why is there a difference between the rate on the website and the rate I received?
Do I need to be a Virginia Credit Union member to get a bicycle loan?
Yes, you need to be a member of Virginia Credit Union. There are numerous ways that you can join. Check out here to see if you qualify for membership.
Yes, our bicycle loan amounts go as low as $100. We would be happy to help you with financing your bicycle.
Yes, Virginia Credit Union’s bicycle loan covers 100% of the bicycle and accessories.
$100 - $499.99 = up to 12 Months
$500 - $999.99 = up to 18 Months
$1,000 - $1,499.99 = up to 24 Months
$1,500 - $2,999.99 = up to 30 Months
$3,000 - $4,999.99 = up to 36 Months
$5,000 - $9,999.99 = up to 48 Months
$10,000 & Higher = up to 60 Months
When applying for the bicycle loan, you will pick your loan’s term length. You can select anywhere between 12-60 months based on the amount borrowed.
Yes, you can pay it off whenever you want to as there is no penalty to pay a bicycle loan off early.
The late fee is 5% of your monthly payment.
Yes, you can purchase a used bicycle with this loan. If you wrote a check or paid with cash, just let us know and we’ll be happy to work with you.
There are factors that affect the rate: your credit history, your payment method and the amount you’re financing. Rates also may have changed in the time between your research and your application was submitted.