A debit card makes shopping and traveling easier. It works like a check and gives you 24-hour worldwide access to your checking funds at merchants and ATMs.
Use your debit card for purchases & payments
- Use your debit card for shopping and payment of services.
- Select “credit” and your purchase is handled by MasterCard®.
- Or, select “debit” and enter your Personal Identification Number (PIN) in the merchant’s keypad. You can add “cash back” to your purchase at many stores.
- Set up recurring payments from checking for services such as gym memberships and utilities. Just provide your debit card information.
Use your debit card at ATMs anywhere
- Get cash free of any ATM fees at VACU ATMs and at ATMs in all Wawa® and Sheetz® stores in Virginia. Use the Branch & ATM locator.
- Enjoy 4 free checking withdrawals per month at non-VACU ATMs with no network ATM fees from VACU (Other ATM owners may surcharge).
- You can also get up to $8 per month in rebates for surcharges (fees) assessed by other ATM owners. You’re eligible for surcharge rebates if you use your debit card for checking withdrawals and you have qualifying direct deposits to the same checking account.* See ATM FAQs for details.
*A qualifying direct deposit is direct deposit of your salary, pension, Social Security or other regular monthly income totaling $100 or more, electronically deposited that month to your checking account by your employer or an outside agency.
Other related benefits
- Change Jar – optional automatic savings program that rounds up debit card purchase amounts
- Statement Rewards – money-saving offers viewed in Online Banking
To report a lost or stolen debit card, call Cardholder Services toll-free 24-hours a day, 7 days a week:
- Debit Card: (866) 820-8785
- Debit Plus Card: (866) 820-1062
To activate your debit card, call (866) 985-2273
How to request a debit card
If you have a VACU checking account and are at least 15 years old, just call Member Services at (804) 323-6800 or (800) 285-6609, send a secure message within Online Banking or Mobile Banking or visit a VACU branch to request a debit card. We can also help you open a checking account if you don't have one.
Please contact us if you have questions or if we can help you in any way.