We are excited to announce that Virginia Credit Union will be transitioning to a new Bill Pay service within Online Banking provided by CheckFree® on June 8, 2017. With this new service, you can expect to see the following enhancements:
- Schedule your payments by the due date and we take care of getting them there on time
- Funds are deducted on the date your payment is due
- Larger selection of payees that are eligible for eBills
- Option to set up reminders to help you make payments on time
- Ability to save and print your payment history
June 7-8, 2017 – Transition Details
During the transition to the new service, Bill Pay will be unavailable from the evening of June 7 through June 8, 2017
. Most of your payees, scheduled payments up to 1 year, and up to 12 months of your previously processed Bill Pay transactions will convert. However, please keep in mind that your payment history may not be complete until sometime on June 9.
Tip: We recommend printing or taking screenshots of your payee records from the current Bill Pay service before June 7. You can use this data to compare payments to ensure they were all converted properly and will be paid on time.
Bill Pay Features
While this new service may have a different look and feel, much of the functionality will remain the same. Many of our convenient Bill Pay features will still be available:
- You can pay anybody in the United States or its territories that you can pay using cash, check, or debit.
- We send the money electronically whenever possible. If the company or person can't accept electronic payments, we print and mail a check on your behalf.
- When you add a company or person to pay, we save the contact info to make future payments even quicker and easier.
- We maintain relationships with thousands of companies, and manage their contact info for you.
- Payments made through Payment Center are guaranteed.*
For assistance in using this improved service, please refer to the Help Center on the new Bill Pay page in Online Banking. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us. You are a valued VACU member and we thank you for your patience during this transition.
*Subject to certain exclusions. Click here for more information.