A debit card makes shopping and traveling easier. It works like a check and gives you 24-hour worldwide access to your checking funds at merchants and ATMs.
Use your debit card for purchases & payments
- Use your debit card for shopping and payment of services
- Select “credit” and your purchase is handled by Mastercard®
- Or, select “debit” and enter your Personal Identification Number (PIN) in the merchant’s keypad. You can add “cash back” to your purchase at many stores
- Set up recurring payments from checking for services such as gym memberships and utilities. Just provide your debit card information
- Use with digital wallets for secure and easy payments
Use your debit card at ATMs anywhere & save on fees
- Get cash free of any ATM fees at VACU ATMs and at ATMs in all Wawa® and Sheetz® stores in Virginia. Use the Branch & ATM locator.
- Enjoy 4 free checking withdrawals per month at non-VACU ATMs with no network ATM fees from VACU (Other ATM owners may have a fee).
- You can also get up to $8 per month in rebates for ATM fees assessed by other ATM owners if you have either a qualifying direct deposit or 15 debit card purchase transactions that month.* See our ATM FAQs for details.
*A qualifying direct deposit is an electronic deposit of your salary, retirement or other regular monthly income totaling $100 or more, posted to the same checking account in the same calendar month in which the ATM fees were incurred.
Debit card purchase transactions are those for which you use your debit card to pay for things from your checking account. They must be posted to the same checking account in the same calendar month in which the ATM fees were incurred.
Other related benefits
- Change Jar – optional automatic savings program that rounds up debit card purchase amounts
- Statement Rewards – money-saving offers viewed in Online Banking
To report a lost or stolen debit card, call Cardholder Services toll-free 24-hours a day, 7 days a week:
- Debit Card: (866) 820-8785
- Debit Plus Card: (866) 820-1062
To activate your debit card, call (866) 985-2273
How to request a debit card
If you have a Virginia Credit Union checking account and are at least 15 years old, just call Member Services at (804) 323-6800 or (800) 285-6609, send a secure message within Online Banking or Mobile Banking or visit a VACU branch to request a debit card. We can also help you open a checking account if you don't have one.