VACU MasterCard credit cards feature a built-in microchip that improves the global usability and security of the card, in addition to the magnetic stripe.
How it works
At merchants with chip readers
- Insert your card into the reader and leave it there for the entire transaction
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete your transaction
At all other merchants, nothing changes.You can use your card as you normally would.
- Present your card to the merchant
- Swipe it through a conventional reader
- Provide your card details by phone or online
Greater Worldwide Acceptance
- Chip technology is currently used in 80 countries around the world and is coming to the U.S.
- Your VACU MasterCard can be used anywhere in the world where MasterCard credit is accepted — over 36 million places in more than 200 countries.
Increased Cardholder Security
- The chip contains encrypted information that makes it extremely difficult for the card be copied or counterfeited.
- At merchants that use chip terminals, the card and terminal work together to add an additional layer of security to the transaction.
MasterCard Zero Liability
- As with our previous generation of credit cards, your chip card is backed by a zero liability policy, which means you won’t be held liable if your card or card number is used for purchases without your permission.
- Some conditions and exceptions apply. For full details, visit mastercard.com/zeroliability.