In the first few years of ownership your loan balance may be higher than the value of your vehicle, especially if you put down a small or no down payment.
If your vehicle is stolen or totaled in an accident, your insurance company will typically only pay Actual Cash Value. You will be responsible for payment of the difference between the insurance settlement and the loan balance and Guaranteed Asset Protection (GAP) helps bridge the difference.
For just a few dollars a month, GAP will bridge the difference.*
- Protects you from financial loss
- Pays benefits up to $50,000
- Covers your deductible up to $1,000
- Protects your credit rating
- Gives you peace of mind
GAP is available through your credit union for these vehicle types:
- New or used cars, vans, pickups, and light trucks
- Recreational vehicles
GAP is made available to members two ways:
- For a one-time fee at the time you finance your vehicle. You can even include GAP as one of the items you finance.
- GAP may be available for your existing Virginia Credit Union vehicle loan. Additional qualifications must be met. Please contact Member Services at (804) 323-6800 or (800) 285-6609 for details.
If you have any questions or if we can help you in any way, please contact Member Services at (804) 323-6800 or (800) 285-6609.
*Certain exclusions may apply. This product is provided to members through other independent companies for the benefit of Virginia Credit Union members.