Protect your personal information
Scammers may try to trick you into providing personal or account information by email, text message or phone. Here are a few tips to help you avoid becoming a victim.
- Do not respond to any unsolicited email, text message or phone call that asks for your personal or account information. Don't reply or click on any links contained in email or text messages.
- If you doubt a message's authenticity, verify the authenticity by contacting the organization itself using a phone number or email address you know to be correct.
REMEMBER: Virginia Credit Union will never ask you to provide, update or verify personal or account information through unsolicited email or text message, such as:
- Social security number
- Member number
- Credit or debit card numbers
- Personal Identification Number (PIN)
- Online Banking User ID or Password
Report a suspicious email that uses Virginia Credit Union’s name by forwarding it to email@example.com.
Please contact Member Services at (804) 323-6800 or (800) 285-6609 if you have questions or we can help you in any way.