Virginia Credit Union has 24-hour fraud detection processes and other tools to help guard against card fraud when transactions are presented for authorization. Here are steps that cardholders should also take to reduce the potential for card fraud.
- Protect your card numbers to the extent possible. Keep your cards in a safe place. Do not send your card number through unsecure email or give it out over the phone unless you initiated the call. Cut up unused cards.
- Protect your Personal Identification Number (PIN). Memorize your PINs, and don't write them down or share them with others. Ensure no one sees your PIN when you enter it.
- Monitor your accounts regularly. Use services like Online Banking, Mobile Banking & QuikLine to review your accounts at anytime and as often as you like. Alert us immediately if you see any suspicious transactions.
- Review account statements carefully for any unauthorized charges and report any suspicious activity. Virginia Credit Union cardholders have $0 liability for unauthorized purchases.
- If your VACU card is lost or stolen, report it immediately.
For your convenience, always try to have another payment option available to you in case a card doesn't work, such as another card, cash or check.
Please contact Member Services at (804) 323-6800 or (800) 285-6609 if you have questions or if we can help you in any way.