VACU provides financial education to Girl Scouts
(Richmond, VA – January 5, 2017) – Virginia Credit Union will lead financial education sessions for Girl Scouts of the Commonwealth of Virginia (GSCV) in grades K – 10 to help them earn financial literacy badges.
Between 250 and 300 Girl Scouts are expected to participate in lessons about saving, budgeting and career planning at locations in Richmond and Fredericksburg January 12 - 19.
After practicing new financial skills, the Girl Scouts will earn two financial literacy badges. Financial literacy is an important initiative for the Girl Scouts to promote leadership and teach goal setting, decision making, money management, people skills and business ethics.
This is the fourth year of the partnership between Virginia Credit Union and Girl Scouts of the Commonwealth of Virginia. Registration for sessions is available at the Girl Scouts of the Commonwealth of Virginia website, www.comgirlscouts.org
Virginia Credit Union will meet with Girl Scout troops at the following locations:
- January 12, Blessed Sacrament Huguenot School, 2501 Academy Road, Powhatan VA 23139
- January 14, GSCV Offices, 4900 Augusta Avenue, #200, Richmond, VA 23230
- January 16, Ebenezer United Methodist Church, 161 Embrey Mill Road, Stafford, VA 22554
- January 18, Virginia Credit Union, 7500 Boulder View Drive, Richmond, VA 23225
- January 19, Virginia Credit Union, 7500 Boulder View Drive, Richmond, VA 23225
A financial cooperative serving more than 251,000 members, Virginia Credit Union offers a variety of affordable banking services, loans, mortgages, and free financial education resources, with a focus on helping people feel more confident about their finances. Virginia Credit Union is an equal housing opportunity lender and is federally insured by NCUA.
Media Contact: Glenn Birch | firstname.lastname@example.org | (804) 560-5664