Membership is open to a wide variety of individuals and groups. Call us if you don’t see one that describes you or your group.
- Full-time and part-time employees and retirees of any of the following:
- Commonwealth of Virginia – any state agency or department
- Any county, city, town or other political subdivision in Virginia
- Any public school system in Virginia
- Any Virginia state-funded college or university, Randolph-Macon College, University of Richmond, or Virginia Union University
- Approved companies and groups
- Approved contractors and vendors of Virginia Credit Union (contact Member Services at (804) 323-6800 or (800) 285-6609 to learn more)
- Individuals who live, work, worship, volunteer or attend school within the boundaries of:
- City of Richmond
- City of Petersburg
- City of Hopewell
- City of Fredericksburg
- Buckingham County
- Cumberland County
- Nottoway County
- Prince Edward County
- Town of Farmville
- Full-time and part-time college students currently enrolled at any Virginia state-funded college or university, Randolph-Macon College, University of Richmond, or Virginia Union University
- Members of eligible associations and groups listed here.
- Immediate family, plus household members, of all the eligible individuals listed above. Immediate family includes parents, grandparents, spouses, brothers, sisters, children and grandchildren, regardless of where they live.
- Organizations, associations, partnerships and corporations composed of any of the above eligible individuals can also join.
If you work at a company that isn't affiliated with VACU and you think it should be, visit our Employee Benefits for Businesses page.
Please contact Member Services at (804) 323-6800 or (800) 285-6609 if we can help you in any way.