When our members and communities thrive, we all thrive. As a financial cooperative owned by its members and committed to their financial success, Virginia Credit Union has made financial education programs a high priority.
In addition, we provide monetary, in-kind and volunteer support to various organizations in our communities. Employee volunteerism contributes to the social and economic well-being of the communities where members live and work.
Past recipients of Virginia Credit Union support include:
- Financial education programs for students, teachers, other adults, work groups and the community, reaching 17,289 people in 2016.
- Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals
- Commonwealth of Virginia Campaign annual employee-giving program
- Communities in Schools
- FeedMore, the Central Virginia Food Bank
- Housing Opportunities Made Equal
- Jump$tart Coalition for Personal Financial Literacy
- Junior Achievement
- Local Chambers of Commerce
- Reynolds Community College Middle College program
- Thompson Middle School mentoring program
- Virginia’s Community Colleges Career Coach program
- Virginia Council on Economic Education
- Virginia Mentoring Partnership
- Virginia Blood Services